Evangelical Church of Barrington first chartered Troop 29 on 10-24-32. This charter expired in 1940 with the outbreak of World War II. The PTO of North Barrington Grade School re-chartered the troop from 1951 through 1975. The charter lapsed until Jan. 1982 when it was re-chartered as Troop 229 under sponsorship from the same school. The troop successfully lobbied to regain its original number, Troop 29. The troop gained a more central location in the Barrington area as Troop 29 when St Anne Church agreed to become the sponsoring organization in April 1998, while retaining it’s nondenominational character.